Author Topic: Remake of the One Click Gun Substance  (Read 1490 times)

My wish list :)
I found this video youtube.com/watch?v=rKpB_nFdeaQ    and  I would really like to see an updated version utilizing all of Substance new fancy nodes, tools, bakers. Some might say they are tired of repeats but there has been a lot of great improvements.
 Im trying to do a gun with Substance Live and some areas Im having trouble with and would like to see in a new video.
  1) Show the Gun in 3ds Max and Maya (small video for each app would be nice) and explain what all is needed from Max and Maya. Material ID's , high low naming convention, show the correct  FBX exporter settings that Substance likes.
2) Show how to put knurls on round steel parts.
3) Show how to put knurls or patterns into wooden grips.
4) Gun Maker Symbols and serial numbers.
5) Neon sights
6) Some type of fabric with blood stains. Gun sling etc.
7)  Scope lens with red dot.
8) Take it all in UE4 and Unity( two separate videos) with all the Substance goodness.

I can find most all of this in other videos from Allegorithmic, just out dated and now with version 5,we have tons of new coolness.

Im slowly plugging away texturing my gun but I cant image how much more efficient  Wes (Substance Group) with years of experience would create this one click gun substance with all the new bells and whistles Substance has.

Like I say its a wish list, and I know you guys are busier than a woodpecker in a lumber yard. 
Thanks Chuck

Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:04:05 pm

My wish list :)
I found this video youtube.com/watch?v=rKpB_nFdeaQ    and  I would really like to see an updated version utilizing all of Substance new fancy nodes, tools, bakers. Some might say they are tired of repeats but there has been a lot of great improvements.
 Im trying to do a gun with Substance Live and some areas Im having trouble with and would like to see in a new video.
  1) Show the Gun in 3ds Max and Maya (small video for each app would be nice) and explain what all is needed from Max and Maya. Material ID's , high low naming convention, show the correct  FBX exporter settings that Substance likes.
2) Show how to put knurls on round steel parts.
3) Show how to put knurls or patterns into wooden grips.
4) Gun Maker Symbols and serial numbers.
5) Neon sights
6) Some type of fabric with blood stains. Gun sling etc.
7)  Scope lens with red dot.
8) Take it all in UE4 and Unity( two separate videos) with all the Substance goodness.

I can find most all of this in other videos from Allegorithmic, just out dated and now with version 5,we have tons of new coolness.

Im slowly plugging away texturing my gun but I cant image how much more efficient  Wes (Substance Group) with years of experience would create this one click gun substance with all the new bells and whistles Substance has.

Like I say its a wish list, and I know you guys are busier than a woodpecker in a lumber yard. 
Thanks Chuck

HI Chuck,

This is a good idea : ) I will look into doing this. I'm getting ready to start a new series. Its for beginners where I will start with the modeling phase, UV layout, FBX export and then go into texturing a simple asset. This may be more basic than you need, but I think revisiting the gun template is a great idea.

Thanks,

Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Sounds great! Just what I would like to see.:)

Awesome sauce  8)
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast