Author Topic: Parameter for submeshes within the baker  (Read 1964 times)

Hey there,

with the default parameters setup like this $(mesh)_$(bakername) I can not differentiate between submeshes.
Is there a parameter that I can add e.g. $(submesh) or $(child) that creates map names that reflect indidivual child meshes?
Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:43:56 pm

Hey there,

with the default parameters setup like this $(mesh)_$(bakername) I can not differentiate between submeshes.
Is there a parameter that I can add e.g. $(submesh) or $(child) that creates map names that reflect indidivual child meshes?

Hi,

We don't have a flag for the the submesh. You can add your own flags in the preferences, but you can't reference the submerges.

A workaround can be to manually add the mesh name. I do this when I'm using multiple materials. I believe we are adding a submesh flag option in a future update.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thx Wes.
Baking submeshes to individual textures or a selection of submeshes to a combined map would be great.

A workaround can be to manually add the mesh name. I do this when I'm using multiple materials.

Hi Wes,

Would you mind elaborating on the above workaround?

I have a mesh with many submeshes. Multiple submeshes share the same material. What I would like to do is to convert UV to SVG all submeshes but create an svg per material, with random colors for the different submeshes.
Currently I can only do this manually, by enabling all submeshes for a same color and bake the svg, deselect all and select submeshes sharing the next material, and so on ...
Is there an automated way that I can bake an svg for each material? The manual way does work, but it becomes quite tedious when you have 200+ submeshes and 20+ materials ... all scattered around.

thanks,
Daniel