Author Topic: Baking clean Material ID  (Read 2170 times)

Hiya, I've run into a problem trying to get clean vertex ID maps baked. See attached, this is my result baking from Zbrush mesh with different colors applied to areas of my character. This obviously isn't working great as colors bleed into other uv shells.

I'm trying to figure out how the clean Mat IDs where done here ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlE24EQvexA&index=37&list=PLe0yL5FpRlRk3NXMM_XaymbXWGJg7L0M8 using Maya. I'm guessing he assigned mats to the high poly mesh in Maya the same way I did in Zbrush correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

thx
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:37:40 pm

And here's the same area done in Xnormal. I definitely would rather have everything done in SP.
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:47:06 am

Hey tbelgrave,

You would like to bake ID maps from the low poly mesh rather than of the high poly.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

I can't post urls for some reason, but yeah mentioned earlier I was trying to figure out how to do this in Maya, didn't work in the test I did :( . Is there a vid/documentation showing this process somewhere? Further won't that be a lot of guess work trying to figure out where the colors lie?

thx

wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com

I can't post urls for some reason, but yeah mentioned earlier I was trying to figure out how to do this in Maya, didn't work in the test I did :( . Is there a vid/documentation showing this process somewhere? Further won't that be a lot of guess work trying to figure out where the colors lie?

thx

Hi,

In the SP common bake parameters, uncheck the "Apply Diffusion" option. I think that will give you a similar bake result as xnormal.

Cheers,
Wes

Beautiful Wes! That worked a charm. Even better results than xNormal

Cheers!