Author Topic: Substance Painter 1.3.3: Duplicate Material Bug  (Read 3586 times)

Hey guys...

I don't know if anyone is still getting this bug, but I am working on my model and I decided to update the mesh in my project and unfortunately I am getting a duplicate material (the skin material) and I have no way of getting rid of it... :(

The only workaround is to leave the model as it was and continue working on it. Not ideal, but I need to fix this...

I have not had the problem recently as I haven't the need to swap a mesh in 1.3.3 as of yet. It last happened to me in a previous build.

I couldn't get rid of it either, but I suppose a workaround for 1.3.3 would be to put all your layers in one group/folder, save it as a smart material, start the project new, then load the smart material and you can work from where you left off?

Bumping this topic... this is a persistent bug. No matter how many times I update the model (just adding a texture set), the materials will repeat in such a way that it is impossible to edit them. And I REALLY don't want to start over, especially after I have gotten everything done.

Can you share your 3D mesh ?
From which 3D Software are you exporting ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

kashif.c.riley@outlook.com

Can you share your 3D mesh ?
From which 3D Software are you exporting ?

Good morning, Froyok... I am using Modo as my export software... now the weirdest thing too is that I am using the same materials as before, just updating the model with minor changes such as adding hair and a tweak to the eyes a bit (this should not mess up my work at all)... And I can share the mesh here. Also in a new project, the same issue happens, I get a duplicated texture set... I even applied a default material on all of the objects in my scene and imported those, still getting the same error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmqy8y0odtqlxtk/AIKO_Lvl1DMG.fbx?dl=0

Thanks for the mesh. It looks like a bug I have already added in our database. I will add your mesh too.
I can't give any ETA for a fix unfortunately.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for the mesh. It looks like a bug I have already added in our database. I will add your mesh too.
I can't give any ETA for a fix unfortunately.

This kinda hurts my production a bit as far as this character is concerned. I was planning on using blenshapes for painting visual damage and I would HATE to have to redo this project because of this bug... I will keep trying to delete the materials off this model so I can start fresh

Kashif,

Have you tried exporting the fbx from modo SP2? I had the issues before, and whilst it might not fix the current problem, there are alot of issues with SP3 fbx exporter with painter (normals not working right etc)

I just downloaded your model, opened it in SP2 and exported it again and it seems to fix the problem.

Cheers

M

Kashif,

Have you tried exporting the fbx from modo SP2? I had the issues before, and whilst it might not fix the current problem, there are alot of issues with SP3 fbx exporter with painter (normals not working right etc)

I just downloaded your model, opened it in SP2 and exported it again and it seems to fix the problem.

Cheers

M

I'm modo 701 SP5... let me jump back to sp2 and see if this fixes it. I may end up repainting all of this just to workaround the lack of controlled padding currently.

EDIT: That didn't fix anything :(
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:51:25 pm

It was modo 801 SP2 I used. 801 SP3 is causing the issue for me.

But here is the link to the one I re-exported. See if its ok for you but it seems to be working ok for me......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cw59kdh6t9a3kd/AIKO_Lvl1DMG.fbx?dl=0

Well, that fixed it :)... but if I ever need blendshapes, I am in trouble :( Until I get Modo 801 SP2