Author Topic: Unable to purchase - UK company with no VAT number  (Read 1761 times)

I'm attempting to buy the Substance indie live subscription for my company and your form is insisting that I enter a VAT number. In the UK, companies are not required to register for VAT until they hit a certain revenue threshold, so many micro-enterprises like mine won't have one. I've read that I could remove the company name to solve this, but I'd like the account to be in the name of the company for accounting purposes.
Is there any N/A type value I can add to the VAT field or any other way I can purchase without a VAT number?

Hi,

You must enter a VAT number if you enter the company name.
You can leave the company field free and maybe put the company name in the last name, so that it will appear on the invoice anyway.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Hi,

You must enter a VAT number if you enter the company name.
You can leave the company field free and maybe put the company name in the last name, so that it will appear on the invoice anyway.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Thanks very much for the prompt response, that sounds like a good solution. Unfortunately, your website is now throwing ajax timeout errors when I click the buy button. I'll have to try it again tomorrow.

Also, your forum seems to have posted that using my email address publicly instead of my username even though I was logged in. I would greatly appreciate it if you could remove that message please.
Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:59:31 am

I deleted the faulty message.

Thanks very much! Excellent customer service so far, looking forward to getting to grips with your tools!