Author Topic: Bake curvature e ambient occlusion problem  (Read 7716 times)

No problem, but the file I'm working on is just a test, I was following tutorials on Youtube.
Exists possibility of being something in the hardware? Because my machine is manufactured (STi) without hardware changes on my part.
My machine:
Windows 8.1
Intel® i5
Onboard graphics card
4gb ram

No assets with your file.
You need to export with dependencies.

Just wondering are you using your normal map when baking curvature and A/O map?
Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:49:21 am

No problem, but the file I'm working on is just a test, I was following tutorials on Youtube.
Exists possibility of being something in the hardware? Because my machine is manufactured (STi) without hardware changes on my part.
My machine:
Windows 8.1
Intel® i5
Onboard graphics card
4gb ram

If you are using and integrated graphics card this could be it. I loaded up your file and simply used the settings you had for backing by "Relocating" the FBX meshes I DL before. It worked. I am going to put my money on integrated graphics as the issue from what I have seen so far.

As a note though. You want to set up your baking on the low poly mesh. And use the High Poly mesh as the source. Looks like this is not how you set it up. Also if you will notice with this test there is really no normal information. If you wanted to get some normal information for this you could easily use the curvature map and pipe that into a normal Node. But well, you are not getting a curvature....

But anyway the set up in the future is to use the High Poly mesh with details that get baked down to the Low poly mesh.

@gelbuilding

You can just Relocate the meshes. It does not seem to be baking from the normal map which of course is not there. It worked with the mesh. The one I tried was the baking he had set up on the High Poly mesh.
Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:54:54 am
Richard Culver
(Cineartist at CG Talk and Surrealist on the LightWave forums)

Forgive my mistake by the sbs without assets.
Yes, I'm using the normal map to try to extract the curvature and A / O.

@cineartist
Did not quite understand what you wrote, but I'm starting my bake by the Low poly model, and then select the Hight poly model.
But my focus right now is to find out why the problem in Curvature and AO!

Again, using this new file with dependencies, it works here.

I did not change anything, just bake with your settings.
Richard Culver

It works for me as well, I'll contact you by pm.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

I'd be interested to find out what happens if you load this scene up on a friend's computer. I am guessing it is your graphics card unless you are doing something fundamentally different then we are. Or maybe there is some configuration on your installation or machine or something.

Nicolas, does it matter in this case if you switch the shader from DX11 to OpenGl? Or is that just a target concern?
Richard Culver

You mean changing the normal map format in the bakers ?
This option just flips the green channel.
Product Manager - Allegorithmic

Yeah OK. That is kinda what I figured. Regardless I think this may be a graphics card issue as I said before.

From the docs "Known Issues":

Ambient Occlusion baking requires certain GPU features and is therefore unsupported on a number of mobile NVIDIA GPU series, including: GeForce 7000M, 8400M, 8600M, 8700M, 9300M, 9500M, and 9600M. As these are known not to work, Substance Designer will display a warning to that effect. However, it is possible that some other GPUs also have issues with this feature. Please contact us if you notice instability when baking these maps with any GPU not listed above.
    Some shaders may not be accessible depending on your GPU as well.

He said he has an integrated graphics card and I can imagine those cards would be problematic for baking as well.
Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:51:06 am
Richard Culver