Author Topic: Substance Maya Toolset  (Read 42503 times)

I can live with PNGs :]

Thanks Froyok!

Hey Froyok,
I'm trying to bake using groups, but the match by name feature doesn't seem to work when I bake, am I doing the process wrong? I select the low poly group and hit the baking button, but I still get intersections from other pieces.
Here's my Outliner setup and Toolset settings:

The matching by name is not a feature supported by my script for the moment. That's something I need to add.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Oh... I'm a bit sad now :P

Onto Designer it goes then.

Thanks for the heads up, I've tried baking this for 2 hours with so many different options, lol.

Hello! Thank you for the Maya toolset. It's a great tool and time saver.
However, in Maya 2016 SP5 it can't bake fbx files exported via the maya toolset. Every time I get the same error:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin>call "G:/backup/bake_pCube1.bat"

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin>echo off

-------------------------------------
Computing...
Error: Scene G:/backup/pCube1_lp.fbx couldn't be loaded !
-------------------------------------
"pCube1" Normal From Mesh : DONE
=====================================

Even though these files exist on a hard drive and I am able to open them without any issues in Autodesk FBX Review , I still can't use them for baking within the Substance Designer or using sbsbaker command in the command line. Any ideas how to fix it? 

That's odd, can you enable the "keep batch file" setting, try to rebake and then attach the *.bat file here ?
That will help me investigate the issue.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Link to the *.bat file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32tCZNLm9SQX1c5M2dyc0taMk0/view?usp=sharing

I've had that problem in Maya 2016 SP1, but I've found that Maya toolset works with fbx only if I open and close the Export window first (File -> Export All). In Maya 2016 SP5 that solution doesn't work.
Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:51:23 pm

I've found the problem. FBX file format was set to FBX 2016 at the export default preset, I changed it to 2014 and Maya Toolset started to work with fbx again. Sorry for bothering you, I should search better before writing here. However, there is still a minor bug: Maya Toolset won't bake fbx (with the same error I mentioned before) until I open and close Maya's export window, even with fbx export plugin checked.

Thanks for the feedback, I will check for solving thoses problems once I get some free time (after GDC probably).
-----------

I uploaded the script on Substance Share since it's not available anymore directly on our main website : https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/1647
-----------

Thank You so much for making this script Froyok. Also, thank you for mentioning that its on Substance Share. I noticed that it disappeared from the regular download section for no good reason.

I was wondering if there is a specific process to get the Substance Input List under the template section to work properly? I haven't had any luck with the .sbsar files I've published which had Input Color (input_curvature) nodes. That particular section just says: "No inputs". I've noticed that those inputs do show up within Maya itself, but not within SMT.

Thanks!

I've found the problem. FBX file format was set to FBX 2016 at the export default preset, I changed it to 2014 and Maya Toolset started to work with fbx again. Sorry for bothering you, I should search better before writing here. However, there is still a minor bug: Maya Toolset won't bake fbx (with the same error I mentioned before) until I open and close Maya's export window, even with fbx export plugin checked.

Hi,
Same here.
Cheers, D

I was wondering if there is a specific process to get the Substance Input List under the template section to work properly? I haven't had any luck with the .sbsar files I've published which had Input Color (input_curvature) nodes. That particular section just says: "No inputs". I've noticed that those inputs do show up within Maya itself, but not within SMT.

Thanks!
It should work fine, however the input list only supports specific types of parameters at the moment. Can you send me your sbsar file as an example ?
-----------

It should work fine, however the input list only supports specific types of parameters at the moment. Can you send me your sbsar file as an example ?

Thanks for responding! I'm sure it's somewhere on my end of the process. So far I've tried SBSAR materials which have image input parameters like these:

https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/1092
https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/1121

This is the error message I get: "Found no parameters in "WeaponWood.sbsar"// Warning: file: C:/Users/Luke/Documents/maya/scripts/SubstanceMayaToolset.mel line 4717: fopen: unable to open file "C:/Program Files/Allegorithmic/Substance BatchTools/5/fros_result.bat" for mode  "w". //"

Thanks again!

Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:56:13 pm

Looks like the script is not able to write in the batch tool folder, make sure you have the right access to this folder on Windows. Otherwise the script won't be able to retrieve the parameter list. For example, I'm able to get the list of parameters on the first link you mentioned.
-----------