Author Topic: Export to Unity5 standard shader (metal-smoothness)  (Read 2009 times)

hi,

I just tested the export configurations of SP 1.3.3 and I think there is something not quiete right (if I am not totally wrong here)

In Unity5, I choose the standard shader (the one with metallic, not the specular setup) and dragging over the exported textures from painter to the corresponding slots...

To me, standard sphere seems to be more "shiny/glossy" in Unity, when compared to the SP viewport.

When looking at the "MetallicSmoothness" texture in Unity5 inspector, the metallic (RGB) channel seems fine, but the (A) - which should be matching to roughness from SP, I guess - seems to be much brighter - which would explain, why the overall look is more shiny...

Ideas?! or did I something wrong, here?!

Cheers

edit: Oh - I tested with the os x versions of SP and Unity5... PC test will follow later
edit: Ooops, forgot to setup a cubemap for IBL - now it comes closer to SP viewport

Question: Are there some know issues with export SP->Unity5 (Standard Metal shader?)
Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:43:39 am

Yes, it seems Unity 5 doesn't follow some standards regarding PBR, so our textures will not match perfectly.
We have a workarounds over here : https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=4335.0

We are looking into a more advanced solution.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Aaaaah, great! I will use this workaround now, like described in the thread.
Thank you, Froyok

- I knew, there was something wrong with Unity5`s PBR ;)

Cheers!

We are looking into a more advanced solution.

You might ask Unity to "fix" their shading. Or to implement a switch in their Editor settings that allows us to Chose from either toolbag, substance painter or quixel shading support.
Authoring Tools and the engine shader should work in tandem for optimal results.

You might ask Unity to "fix" their shading. Or to implement a switch in their Editor settings that allows us to Chose from either toolbag, substance painter or quixel shading support.
Authoring Tools and the engine shader should work in tandem for optimal results.
We also contacted Unity of course, we are waiting for an answer.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.