Author Topic: Substance Effect not available?  (Read 1690 times)

Hello,

I'm following along the tutorials provided on YouTube and I'm at the point where we are doing the stitches and rubber.  At this point we make a mask, and then it says click on Add Effects and select Substance Effects.....except it does not exist.

I have Generator, Fill, Levels, Filter and Colour Selection but looking at each of them, none match anything close to what I am seeing in the tutorial.

"Substance Effects" has been renamed as "Filters" since Substance Painter 1.3.  ;)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thats what I thought but the options under filters do not match whats in the tutorials, Ie.  Id_selector is not an aption under filters.

Hey mslogan,

The color ID Substamce effect was replaced by an Color Mask.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Ooooo, I see.  So we use the Colour Selection mask and then click, "Pick Colour" which then allows us to choose the predetermined colours associated with the maps. 

So, ran into another problem with the new changes.  Under the Id_Selector there is the option of Invert, but there is not for the Colour Selection. 

Hey mslogan,

you can add an levels effect and invert it this way.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter