Author Topic: How To Add Input Parameters for UE4?  (Read 2655 times)

Hello,

I've been following the UE4 with Substance Design tutorial, and I can not figure out how to decide what Parameters will be displayed in the Material INST when the Substance Material is loaded into UE4.

If you load this video and start at 3:40 (https://youtu.be/_coeFqMNUP0?t=3m40s), you will see him open the INST and a list of parameters that were setup in Substance Designer are available.  But my list is missing items, for example I have a Uniform Color being utilized in Substance Deisgner, but I do not see it in the list of UE4.  Nor was it an option to enable it when I packaged my Substance Designer material. 

Any suggestion on how to decide what becomes adjustable parameters when loaded into other applications such as UE4?

(I'm only seeing "Output size" and "Random Seed")

Thanks

Hey Teriander,

you have to expose all parameters you want to adjust in your destination application.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Fabian,

Thanks for replying.  Is exposing done in Substance Designer or my destination application?  I couldn't find a way to "expose" any parameter inside Substance.

Hey Teriander,

you can expose parameters inside of Substance Designer.
I attached a screenshot for you how to find the expose function.
Inside your input parameters you can change the parameter itself. The input parameters can be found in the Document Settings window.

Best Regards

Nice!  That's cool. Going to give this a try soon.  Running into new issues at the moment. 

Hey Teriander,

give the YouTube Channel by Allegorithmic a try. There are great video series about those things ;)

Best Regards