Author Topic: 50 Game Texture with Ugly Preview  (Read 2665 times)

Hello
I have installed the 50 GT for Painter and the Preview looks realy ugly.
Is there a way to fix that?

Picture is attached with the ugly preview.

Hey Malo,

what version of Substance Painter are you using?

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey Fabian

I am on 1.3.1 (Indie) and i use the latest GT Pack.
I followed the install.txt and place the GT Pack into the correct folder.

Had the same problem, I had to manually build all the previews individually again.

Hey Malo,

you could uninstall the package, reinstall it and make sure you import a model instantly. This way the previews will build correctly.
It's a known issue, sorry for that.

Best regards

What?
Why should i import a model? What have that to do with the preview?
Explain please.

@Sakeys
How did you fix that? I will fix it by my self, too.

Hey Malo,

I don't know why this bug happens, but it worked for me. The model forces the preview to be proper somehow.

Best regards

Not on my side.
It makes no difference.

Hey Malo,

did you import the model before the Previews were calculated?

Best Regards

I had this problem too, but I thought those previews were temporary and not a bug.
Anyway, Fabian your suggestion worked for me. Thank you. :)

I had this problem too, but I thought those previews were temporary and not a bug.
Anyway, Fabian your suggestion worked for me. Thank you. :)

Hey Cont_mike,

glad to hear that!

Best Regards

Hey Malo,

you could uninstall the package, reinstall it and make sure you import a model instantly. This way the previews will build correctly.
It's a known issue, sorry for that.

Best regards

Hi Fabian,

could you explain this a little bit more? What do you mean by instantly import a model? I deleted all the textures, and would copy them now to: C:\Users\User\Documents\Substance Painter\shelf\presets\Materials

What is that with the model?

Thanks!
Ingo

Don't know why,... but this works for me. after copying the files to the advised folder, start SP and before the materials get updated -meaning immediately- load a mesh in. Then have a coffee,................ or maybe two :-)

Thanks, that worked. But only the second time. First I loaded a recend opened, and that didn't worked. But If you open quick a new file, then it worked.

Thanks to you guys, I got rid of this super small preview thumbs. Thought that was because they were not from allegorithmic.

Cool  ;D

Hey guys,

I'm glad this workaround do it in the meantime. There should be a fix in a next version, anyway.

Best Regards