Author Topic: Environment Maps Not Being Displayed  (Read 3509 times)

I'm only able to "see" in the viewer about half of the environments maps that come with 1.3. A handful of them don't show but they do seem to be affecting the shader. I just can't see the actual image. Sanatorium Staircase, airport, bus garage, cave entry, elevator corr, shipyard buildings, road in mountains etc...not being displayed in the BG of the viewport. I'm getting this error
[ResourceImage] Failed to load image content from file.
file:///C:/Users/Admin/Documents/Substance Painter/shelf/allegorithmic/environments/airport.exr

I checked and the .exr files are in the correct location. I opened them in photoshop and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.
Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:37:28 pm

Never mind, it seems to have been fixed in the most recent update. (BTW Painter didn't notify me that there was an update available, and every time I try to check for an update manually, I get an error saying "UNABLE TO CHECK IF A NEW VERSION IS AVAILABLE")...other than that, all good now.

Never mind, it seems to have been fixed in the most recent update. (BTW Painter didn't notify me that there was an update available, and every time I try to check for an update manually, I get an error saying "UNABLE TO CHECK IF A NEW VERSION IS AVAILABLE")...other than that, all good now.

Hi,

With the new update you are having an issue as well with the notifications?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

I am. When I select "check for update" under the help menu, it immediately tells me "Unable to check if a new version is available. Check your network connection and try again". And my network connection is fine :)
Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:28:23 pm

This is a known issue and is being fixed for the next release.