Author Topic: Multiple UV  (Read 1372 times)

Well the title says it all I guess.
I did a search on this but didn't find an answer.
Any change of using more then one UV map in SD?

Thanks, regards, Robert

If possible I need to find the solution in the Bake window I guess?

Ik so I have something working because I exported two material ID's from C4D.
The problem now is that my 2 UV maps are showing up simultaneously in the 2D window, making it impossible to put things on the right spot.
The 2D UV tab indicates that there is only one (0) UV map?
What I did in C4D is that I exported 2 meshes with separate UV maps to one Fbx file, my guess was that in that way my UV would show up separately like it does in SP.

Regards, Robert
Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:32:52 am

Exactly : SD doesn't support multiple UVs on the same ID.
You have to create different materials if you want to make it work.

Thanks vincent, thats exactly what I did. I gave each mesh its own material in C4D.
And they do show up in SD like that, but I cannot find a way to have 1UV show up at a time.

Thanks again, Robert

Thanks vincent, thats exactly what I did. I gave each mesh its own material in C4D.
And they do show up in SD like that, but I cannot find a way to have 1UV show up at a time.

Thanks again, Robert

Hi Robert,

We don't have a method at this time for displaying the UVs from the geometry separated in the 2D view. The graphs are assigned to the different materials, but it doesn't separate the UV view. As a workaround, you can load a UV snapshot into the 2D view. In the 2D view, click the A/B button to load an image into the background. You can also adjust transparency of this image as well.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Thanks a lot Wes,

Any idea if this is going to be added, it seems quite essential to me to have this?
I guess I will work on my meshes separately then for the moment, loading in a snapshot sounds OK, but I figure it will give me trouble having it lined up properly.

Kind regards, Robert

Thanks a lot Wes,

Any idea if this is going to be added, it seems quite essential to me to have this?
I guess I will work on my meshes separately then for the moment, loading in a snapshot sounds OK, but I figure it will give me trouble having it lined up properly.

Kind regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

No problem : )

I'm not sure when this feature will be updated. However, if you save a UV snap shot from your program, it will match up perfectly. For example in Maya, there is a UV Snap shot command that will export the UVs as a bitmap using the resolution you set. Modo has a similar option. Which 3D program are you using?

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Yes I'm using C4D Wes, so its not so straightforward, but I have it working indeed.
Its still a hassle but its good to know when it comes to it.

Regards, Robert