Author Topic: uvmap only in 3D vue?  (Read 2310 times)

So sorry, I'm lost. In the past, when I made a mask, I get the uvMap in the 2D and it was so simple to select polys or part of the mesh. Now, I get the uvmap in the 3D only? I've tried to use it but it is soo difficult. Did I miss some switches? Who can help or explain to me how I can get my uvmap in the 2D like before?
Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 12:40:12 am

So sorry, I'm lost. In the past, when I made a mask, I get the uvMap in the 2D and it was so simple to select polys or part of the mesh. Now, I get the uvmap in the 3D only? I've tried to use it but it is soo difficult. Did I miss some switches? Who can help or explain to me how I can get my uvmap in the 2D like before?

HI,

At the top of the UI, there is a button "3D" you can click this to get options to load other views such as 3D/2D split.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

In the older versions of painter you could view the uvs in the 2d view and paint by polygon or island. That feature appears to have been removed even though it was incredibly helpful.

In the older versions of painter you could view the uvs in the 2d view and paint by polygon or island. That feature appears to have been removed even though it was incredibly helpful.

Hi,

You can still do this. Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Do you mean selected the geometry tool and selecting by face or filling by UV?

Cheers,

Wes
the3dninja@adobe.com

Painting by polygon or uv island is exactly what I'm looking to do. I guess the workflow has changed as the product has evolved.

Hi,

You can still do this. Perhaps I am misunderstanding. Do you mean selected the geometry tool and selecting by face or filling by UV?

Cheers,

Wes
this is what I'm talking about, no way to get the uv in the 2D map?

Hi,

I might be misunderstanding what you are looking for. In the 3D view, you can choose Geometry>Display UV in 2D View. Is that what you are looking for?

Cheers,

wes

the3dninja@adobe.com

Hi,

I might be misunderstanding what you are looking for. In the 3D view, you can choose Geometry>Display UV in 2D View. Is that what you are looking for?

Cheers,

wes

So sorry, you're talking about Substance designer, I 'm talking about substance painter (as far in this forum). And In Substance painter, we had the uv displayed in the 2D view and now, only in 3d view or is there a switch I didn't find in this new last version?

Thanks for noticing this. It was indeed working in the 2D view before. Looks like we broke it with our recent updates, we will address that in an hotfix.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for noticing this. It was indeed working in the 2D view before. Looks like we broke it with our recent updates, we will address that in an hotfix.
thank you soooo much, I felt abandoned...

thank you soooo much, I felt abandoned...

So sorry that this one is missing in the last update, or perheaps I'm the only one working in that mode and it is not really requested?

We have some other fixes in progress that have an higher priority than this bug.
This issue is waiting to be addressed.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.