Author Topic: SD5 Unity 5 Error, failed to retrieve a single SBSASM file  (Read 14487 times)

My bad   :-[

My build of SD was not the latest (2 month old)...I have updated now, and texture appear ok in Unity.

Thanks for help, Wes.

No problem : ) Glad to hear its working now.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

- march 7 2015
Edit: ooh  i guess in Unity5 release notes it says "New Substance features introduced by Substance Designer 5.0 are not yet supported inside Unity."
and i guess iam using Blend Nodes, which were updated in SD5 .. using Overlay

.. could still use the new features to make textures, and then export as bitmap.. so thats cool

im getting this error while importing sbsar  to Unity 5
failed to retrieve a single SBSASM file in the archive... Did you use the Substance cooker to generated the archive ?

if i make the same sbsar in Substance Designer 4.6  it works okay,  but not in SD5
and if i simply remake the sbsar in SD5 (tried like 3 times) .. never works

Hey just wanted to drop in. If anyone is having this error with SD6, I had the same problem. It didnt matter if I used v4, v5, or v6. It kept giving me that error. Narrowed it down to the normal map.
You have to click "Fill Alpha With Input" on any of your normal nodes. This seemed to fix the import errors to Unity and allow it to import.
However I can not get the roughness channel to import. The rest of the substance is working fine.
If I figure out anything else I'll let you Unity guys know.

- march 7 2015
Edit: ooh  i guess in Unity5 release notes it says "New Substance features introduced by Substance Designer 5.0 are not yet supported inside Unity."
and i guess iam using Blend Nodes, which were updated in SD5 .. using Overlay

.. could still use the new features to make textures, and then export as bitmap.. so thats cool

im getting this error while importing sbsar  to Unity 5
failed to retrieve a single SBSASM file in the archive... Did you use the Substance cooker to generated the archive ?

if i make the same sbsar in Substance Designer 4.6  it works okay,  but not in SD5
and if i simply remake the sbsar in SD5 (tried like 3 times) .. never works

Hey just wanted to drop in. If anyone is having this error with SD6, I had the same problem. It didnt matter if I used v4, v5, or v6. It kept giving me that error. Narrowed it down to the normal map.
You have to click "Fill Alpha With Input" on any of your normal nodes. This seemed to fix the import errors to Unity and allow it to import.
However I can not get the roughness channel to import. The rest of the substance is working fine.
If I figure out anything else I'll let you Unity guys know.
'

Hi,

Can you post your sbs file? I can take a look.

Cheers,
Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Seems like unity 2017 still doesn't support Text Objects, when do you foresee the merge of SD6's features being in the engine ? (I have the same SBSASM error when I use Text Nodes in the substance) I also wish you could force them to rasterize during building in SD6 so you could get around this issue in the short run.

Just subscribed to substance and found that the same error is happening when I import some substance file from the substance source itself !

Paid $ to subscribe, download thinking I can use it in Unity, but no.. not possible. And there were no sign of compatibility anywhere for Unity integration that I could find.

Using Unity 5.6

When we will be able to get some full compatibility ! ? !  :-\

Just subscribed to substance and found that the same error is happening when I import some substance file from the substance source itself !

Paid $ to subscribe, download thinking I can use it in Unity, but no.. not possible. And there were no sign of compatibility anywhere for Unity integration that I could find.

Using Unity 5.6

When we will be able to get some full compatibility ! ? !  :-\

V6 engine support was added in the Unity 2017.2 beta builds. Any older Unity version with a substance using the V6 engine nodes (text, curve, etc) will give an error when being imported. Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to backport these fixes to older Unity builds.

Are you using Substance Designer 2017.1.3? It is defaulted to the Substance Engine v6. Therefore, there can be some compatibility issues if the sbsar is exported from there without changing the compatibility mode to Substance Engine v5.

You can do this by going to Edit -> Preferences -> Projects and clicking the Compatibility Mode dropdown.

It will then highlight nodes in your graph in yellow that must be removed or changed to be able to be exported correctly and work with Unity 5.6.

If you have any further questions about this, let me know. :)