Author Topic: Base Color not showing in 3D View  (Read 6898 times)

Hey everyone,

So I started using Substance Designer again after a few months away from it, but now for whatever reason the base color doesn't show up in the 3D view? I've can't for the life of me figure out why.

I've gone back to old projects I did and yeah, the base color isn't showing in those projects either (it was previously working fine).

What could be causing this?
Thanks!  :)

Edit: I should mention all my projects have been Physically Based (Metallic / Roughness). If I create a new project using the standard template, the diffuse / normal / spec outputs show up fine in the 3D view.
Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:58:01 pm

In the 3D view, you can choose your output Shader. (See attached image)
Maybe you need to recompute your outputs then.
Environment Artist - Twitter

In the 3D view, you can choose your output Shader. (See attached image)
Maybe you need to recompute your outputs then.

A friend of mine figured it out just before I saw this. Yep this fixed it.
My friend had the same problem though... an update must have switched things up for whatever reason.

Thanks man!

It's just a little bug. You can fix it connecting any Uniform Color to the BaseColor Output to refresh it, and then connect again the node you made for BaseColor.

My shader selection doesn't show that shader. How would I get it to show?

For anyone dealing with this problem in the future, here was my solution. After creating my base color node setup it wasn't displaying in the 3D viewport. I checked in material > edit > base color. Here I saw that base color wasn't connected to a graph node, unlike height, normals, ect. I solved this by selecting my diffuse output in the graph, right clicked, selected "view in 3D view", which brought up a window where I selected "base color".  Now my color is displaying perfectly in 3D view.