Author Topic: PBR Spec Gloss Shader with normal_texture compiled  (Read 5761 times)

okay.
thank you Jeremie, it works :)
there seemed to be problems in the libraries.

Awesome!

Thanks guys. Keep up all the awesome work!

Hey I noticed that the normal channel is not working with the Spec Gloss Shader it's there but it doesn't have any effect on the model

I can only see it's effects if I switch over to the PBR Rough Metal shader

Here is an updated version that will work with the normal map channel.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dq15d342z9bb7ma/PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl?dl=1

You guys rock.
Thanks again!

Any chance of an update for 1.5.0?
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

The shader will be available on Substance Share very soon. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

SUBSTANCE SHARE!?!    :o  :-*  8)  ;D  :o  8)  8)
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

SUBSTANCE SHARE!?!    :o  :-*  8)  ;D  :o  8)  8)

Yes! We will be launching a new site for community-based content sharing.
https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=4568.0

Cheers,
Wes
Integrations Product Manager / Training
wes.mcdermott@allegorithmic.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Is there an equivalent shader available for metallic pbr workflow?

The default shader in Substance Painter use a Metallic/Roughness workflow. It also support the normal channel.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Froyok aka Fabrice Piquet, Technical Artist and Product Designer at Allegorithmic.

When I try to use this shader I get the following error. Is there possibly an updated version after April 2015?

[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:7 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:16 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:27 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:32 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:37 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:42 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:57 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:162 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:165 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:173 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:190 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:204 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:211 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] PBRSpecGlossNrm.glsl:216 | Special comment that is not a 'state' or a 'param' definition
[GenericMaterial] Creation of the shader PBRSpecGlossNrm failed
3ds Max Design (Max 2018/Max 2019), ASUS Z10PE-D8WS Motherboard, Xeon E5-2650-V3 Dual Processor, Dual Hydro H80i CPU Chiller, 64GB DDR4 Ram, Quadro K5200 Display Adapter.

Use the shader on Substance Share instead : https://share.allegorithmic.com/libraries/15
-----------

Thank you. I appreciate the nudge. It appears I could have figured that out myself. I need to get used to the "Share" and explore it more before asking questions. Plus, I see further up this thread that I could have solved my issue if I had read the entire thread. I saw this two posts above mine and figured it was till an unanswered issue: "Is there an equivalent shader available for metallic pbr workflow?"

Anyway, thanks again and I'll be better about my due diligence going forward.

Finally, I did retrieve it and it loads without error.
3ds Max Design (Max 2018/Max 2019), ASUS Z10PE-D8WS Motherboard, Xeon E5-2650-V3 Dual Processor, Dual Hydro H80i CPU Chiller, 64GB DDR4 Ram, Quadro K5200 Display Adapter.