Author Topic: Substance Designer 5 announced!  (Read 21002 times)

there isn't any Beta to test (taste) it...?

Nope, no beta.
Environment Artist - Twitter

stoked about the pixel processor guys :)  really looking forward to that!

Can't wait for all this new stuff, I'm excited about every feature I've seen. It says to me that you are concentrating on useful stuff for the program and not just 'filler'. I'm having a great time with this program and I can only assume things are gonna get a lot better in v5.

Meh, I bought the indie version from Steam on December 31st. Clever you.
Ok, so I can upgrade to 5 for 50 bucks and have a code for Steam when it's released?

Hey guys,
   Been messing with a few different materials lately and I have something that I think could be really useful. We are able to isolate and tweak the rgba channels but is there something in the pixel processor that could allow us to isolate and tweak the hue, saturation, and luminosity channels?  I think it could allow for some interesting blending and processing - especially for the procedural hand painted stuff I've been trying to accomplish lately.  Just curious.  Thanks again for the awesome work!

Meh, I bought the indie version from Steam on December 31st. Clever you.
Ok, so I can upgrade to 5 for 50 bucks and have a code for Steam when it's released?

Yep. We will just need to contact us to get the Steam key.
Head of Product Management

Hey guys,
   Been messing with a few different materials lately and I have something that I think could be really useful. We are able to isolate and tweak the rgba channels but is there something in the pixel processor that could allow us to isolate and tweak the hue, saturation, and luminosity channels?  I think it could allow for some interesting blending and processing - especially for the procedural hand painted stuff I've been trying to accomplish lately.  Just curious.  Thanks again for the awesome work!

Hey arvinmoses... if I understod how the pixel processor will work, it should be possible with a function in the pixel processor itself.
Here a simple code I found to trasform RGB values to HSV:
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~ncs/color/t_convert.html

From what I see it's quite simple, and it should be possible to use the math nodes that come in a function graph.

Hey guys,

Hey arvinmoses... if I understod how the pixel processor will work, it should be possible with a function in the pixel processor itself.
Here a simple code I found to trasform RGB values to HSV:
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~ncs/color/t_convert.html

From what I see it's quite simple, and it should be possible to use the math nodes that come in a function graph.

I agree, things like this will be feasible in theory :-)

Thanks guys!   I really hope so.  There's so much I think that could be done being able to mask areas according to hsl or limiting hsl to a certain scope in the histogram.

i would like to ask a question that concerns the ordering of SD5, i had pre-purchased 9 days ago, and i only have received one mail from SystemPay with all the details of the transaction, the money has been debited the next day from my bank acount, but when i login into my customer account SD5 is listed nowhere, is that normal ?

i would like to ask a question that concerns the ordering of SD5, i had pre-purchased 9 days ago, and i only have received one mail from SystemPay with all the details of the transaction, the money has been debited the next day from my bank acount, but when i login into my customer account SD5 is listed nowhere, is that normal ?

Hey fuzzzzzz,

this is normal, no need to get nervous ;)
You Pre-Ordered Substance Designer 5 and it will be available March 4th.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hey fuzzzzzz,

this is normal, no need to get nervous ;)
You Pre-Ordered Substance Designer 5 and it will be available March 4th.

Best regards

Merci Fabian :)

When will you guys update your website and EULAs to reflect the $100k revenue change? So far only some threads on Polycount, Unity and Steam mention this feature. Ok... and your website states this underneath the indie pack.
A little more detail would be appreciated. :)

My account now lists SD 5.0 along with a new licence key, but no download button yet... which I would expect.

Silly question but did SD5 got already released? (It's 4th after all :3)

Because I don't see download link on my profile