Author Topic: Substance Designer 5 announced!  (Read 21568 times)

Although it IS 4am, id agree with Huskeh, WHERE IS IT O__O.

Also, it would be cool next time if you guys could post more details about what the milestone update actually contains.  The page contents at points are disappointingly vague, and you didn't release any other information on top of that to really show off what people who pre-ordered are getting.

Congratulations for the release, Allegorithmic devs! I was utterly blown away by the youtube video. You've given the 3d community better tools then there ever were before, I truly believe that. Cheers!

Steam doesn't provide any system to upgrade software/games.

So here is how to do it:
- Link your Steam account on our website
- Upgrade on our website
- When SD5 is released, contact us and we will give you a Steam key

Cheers,
Nicolas

Thanks Nicolas,
;) And so now that it's released, how do I go about to requesting the steam key?

Best regards/
Mike

Thanks Nicolas,
 ;) And so now that it's released, how do I go about to requesting the steam key?

Best regards/
Mike
I, too, would like to do this and look forward to the process.  I'm sure the answer is something like "We just released this!  Give us some time then put in a support request", but I'm hopeful there is a more automated way.  We can pull our keys from steam into the website, I'm hoping we can do the reverse.

Looking forward to digging into SD5!

Michael

i would like to ask a question that concerns the ordering of SD5, i had pre-purchased 9 days ago, and i only have received one mail from SystemPay with all the details of the transaction, the money has been debited the next day from my bank acount, but when i login into my customer account SD5 is listed nowhere, is that normal ?
My account now lists SD 5.0 along with a new licence key, but no download button yet... which I would expect.

SD5 do not display when i log to my account, what should i do ? contact the support with the detail of the transaction ?
Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:50:46 pm

I just had sent a message through the contact formto allego support staff, look like a friend also experienced the same issue.

I'm having the same trouble with SD5. Last week I bought SD4 via steam and connected to my steam account in my account settings. But unfortunately there's no download link for Substance Designer 5 in my profile :-/

How can I get it?

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Guyz,

SD5 will be released on Steam next week. When it's done, contact us with a proof of purchase from Steam (so we can see the date of purchase) on our contact form and we will give you a Steam key for SD5.
It's the same process if you wish to have it on your Allegorithmic account as well.

PS: please note that we are really overwhelmed this week to answer all the contact emails, so we may take up to 48 hours before answering you. But as long as you receive an email confirmation that your request was sent, you can be sure that you will get an answer.
In the mean time, you can still use the trial version of SD5 which is full featured.

Cheers,
Nicolas
Head of Product Management

Great new videos showcasing SD 5!  Would love to see more about erosion and cracks like you mention here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f76shQFfqvI

I missed the significance of 'slope blur' in version 4 altogether.    :o

Hi Guyz,

SD5 will be released on Steam next week. When it's done, contact us with a proof of purchase from Steam (so we can see the date of purchase) on our contact form and we will give you a Steam key for SD5.
It's the same process if you wish to have it on your Allegorithmic account as well.

PS: please note that we are really overwhelmed this week to answer all the contact emails, so we may take up to 48 hours before answering you. But as long as you receive an email confirmation that your request was sent, you can be sure that you will get an answer.
In the mean time, you can still use the trial version of SD5 which is full featured.

Cheers,
Nicolas

So by that I take it as if we bought the upgrade here on this site, we don't get a steam key? (Because I got the upgrade from here, as was discussed earlier) Or did I misunderstand something?

Best regards/
Mike

P.s no worries, I am certain you have a flood of mail coming in after the release ;)

Hey Mithril,

when Substance Designer 5 is out on Steam, too, you'll need to Mail Allegorithmic and they'll send you a Steam Key if you purchased it here on the Website.

Best Regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Hi, I pre-ordered Substance Designer 5 indie upgrade and there is no reference to the product in my account.
In the billing section there is the order etc, but nothing in the downloads section.

I see by other posts that there may be a heap of emails to go through, but I just wanted to advise here, (I guess, to get in the queue) as in my case there was an issue with the website when I ordered the upgrade... it reported an error to say that it could not issue a download key, or license... can't remember which now.

Regards
Gary B.

Where's the documentation for 5?

Hi, I pre-ordered Substance Designer 5 indie upgrade and there is no reference to the product in my account.
In the billing section there is the order etc, but nothing in the downloads section.

I see by other posts that there may be a heap of emails to go through, but I just wanted to advise here, (I guess, to get in the queue) as in my case there was an issue with the website when I ordered the upgrade... it reported an error to say that it could not issue a download key, or license... can't remember which now.

Regards
Gary B.

Hi Gary,

Please send an email on the contact form and we will sort it out.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Where's the documentation for 5?

Coming soon, I must admit we got a bit of troubles to have it ready on time. It should be online next week.
In the mean time, feel free to ask on the forum if you have some questions.

Cheers,
Nicolas