Author Topic: My work with Substance Designer and Substance Painter.  (Read 55071 times)

Hi guys,

I thought it would be a good idea if i put my works in just one topic, instead of being all over the place.

This time i made a Mediterranean type brick wall.

Ill be sharing more materials i made in my spare time soon since its good practice and a great way to upgrade my portfolio while im at it.

Cheers!

Kay, the fine detail on those textures is amazing mate.  Great work :)

Really realistic.
One of the most persuasive that I have seen so far.
The reliefs on the edges bricks and cement are really well done.

Its the substance 3d View or another engine?
Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:37:14 pm

Thanks guys! Really appreciated.

This is the substance 3d view, i turned off the environment in tie viewports, turned off the lights, and had the DOF at 1.5 i think. I tried to make a simple scene in UE4 to show it with tessellation, but it took longer then i wanted. (And the substance preview looked great anyway).

The SBS file and bitmaps are included on the blogpost in a .rar file should you guys want to see the graph.

Hi guys!

this time I made a slate tile material. Its a nice break from doing sci-fi stuff all the time, and I think ill make some more of these natural looking substances for practice. (Like ground, rock, cliff, pebbles etc).

Enjoy!

Get the textures, SBS and SBSAR files here.
Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 11:36:24 am

Some more screens:

Here is another free substance. this time a rough wood.

Enjoy!

Hi Kay,

thanks a lot for the substance. I have a little problem with the SBS file. If I am opening the file with substance designer, the texture looks irregular. I got islands in different colors. I attached a screen, so you could have a better look.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Best
Ingo

Hi Ingo,

By the looks of it it seems that one or more nodes aren't in the same resolution as the outputs. It might be tedious, but could you check if in you graph all the node resolutions are set to relative to parent? I haven't yet installed substance on my laptop yet, so I can't test it on another system. Does anyone else has the same result as you with this substance as far as you know?

Sorry if I overlooked something.

Hi Ingo,

By the looks of it it seems that one or more nodes aren't in the same resolution as the outputs. It might be tedious, but could you check if in you graph all the node resolutions are set to relative to parent? I haven't yet installed substance on my laptop yet, so I can't test it on another system. Does anyone else has the same result as you with this substance as far as you know?

Sorry if I overlooked something.

Hi Kay,

thanks for your answere and your tip. Unfortunately the inputs were all right. All had the same resolution. Maybe there is something else wrong. Couldn't figure it out so far.

May be if you have some time, could you have a quick look?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

ill check it out right now.

Its weird, when I unrar the sbs file and open it, it opens exactly as I expected, both in SSE and DX10 the substance looks normal.

Perhaps one of the Substance devs online can take a look at it. Could you post this in a product support topic? Are there others that encounter the same problem when opening the wood sbs file that red2blue encounters?

Its weird, when I unrar the sbs file and open it, it opens exactly as I expected, both in SSE and DX10 the substance looks normal.

Perhaps one of the Substance devs online can take a look at it. Could you post this in a product support topic? Are there others that encounter the same problem when opening the wood sbs file that red2blue encounters?

That is really weird. I downloaded and reinstalled Substance Designer. Also tried to change the engine. I will redownload your substance and try again. So far thanks for your help!

Hey Käy,

The wood substance looks the same as the one red2blue posted, on my machine.

Best regards
Environment Artist - Twitter

Thanks Fabian. I'm not sure what is causing this. Ill go to the help forum and ask if they know something I'm overlooking.