Author Topic: Failing to verify Substance Designer trial  (Read 9325 times)

I'm on Mac OS X, and I want to download and use the free trial for Substance Designer. The download worked, and it appears to have installed properly. However, when I attempt to open it, it takes a few minutes to verify, then fails verification, opening a dialog that says, "'Substance Designer' can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." I tried downloading and reinstalling multiple times, but it keeps failing. Any idea what I should do from here?

I'm on Mac OS X, and I want to download and use the free trial for Substance Designer. The download worked, and it appears to have installed properly. However, when I attempt to open it, it takes a few minutes to verify, then fails verification, opening a dialog that says, "'Substance Designer' can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed." I tried downloading and reinstalling multiple times, but it keeps failing. Any idea what I should do from here?

HI Noah,

I'm sorry for this issue. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what would cause this issue on Mac. I will alert the developers to this thread to see about the verification. Can you try to go to system preferences and see if under Security and Privacy, "Allow apps downloaded from:" has Anywhere selected?

Cheers,

Wes

Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Opened it by doing a few things in security settings, but not now it says that my trial has expired (when I click evaluate, it opens the expired trial dialog again). I just downloaded the software a few hours ago, and haven't downloaded it before today (I've downloaded it about 3 times because of the verification issue). Is there some form of trial license key I need to obtain, or is there some login button I can't find? Thanks.

Opened it by doing a few things in security settings, but not now it says that my trial has expired (when I click evaluate, it opens the expired trial dialog again). I just downloaded the software a few hours ago, and haven't downloaded it before today (I've downloaded it about 3 times because of the verification issue). Is there some form of trial license key I need to obtain, or is there some login button I can't find? Thanks.

I don't think there is a license file you need for the trial. It should allow you to activate as the trial. I sent this forum post to the licensing to see what could be the issue. I recently installed the trial for a demo and I only need to click evaluate for the trial to be activated online. I'll see what support suggests for this issue.

Cheers,

Wes
Head of Substance Demo Art Team
the3dninja@adobe.com
Twitter: The3DNinja

Hi,

We identified a bug with some versions of Mac, it will be fixed next week in a hotfix.
In the mean time, I can send you a temporary trial license if you want, just let me know.

Cheers,
Nico
Head of Product Management

same here i cant try substance designer trial. any idea??

Hi
Can't use Designer trial on osx (downloaded 20/2-15). It says "license has expired" on first run. This thread is almost a month old. Any new on this?

Cheers
Bonsak

Hi,

We released a new version yesterday, SD 4.6.2, that should fix the problem. Can you please try this new version?

Cheers,
Nicolas

Thats the version i'm trying :) (4.6.2)
Tried DL'ing again but it gives me the same message at startup.

Cheers
Bonsak

Same here. Maybe Allegorithmic can send us a 30 day license file so we can try the software?

Hi Guyz,

I enclose a new trial license key here.

In order to fix that bug, we would however need your help...:
- Can you try to evaluate Substance Painter, and see if the same problem happens?
- Can you send me the license.key file which is created when you click on Evaluate? You should find it in users/library/application support/allegorithmic/substance designer->license.key

That will help us to understand why you have this problem, as we don't manage to reproduce it on any of our mac...

Thanks for your help!
Nicolas

It doesn't happen with Painter. Theres no license key in that directory.

Cheers
Bonsak

Hi Bonsak,

Just a quick fix, the path to the license file in SD4.6.2 is /Library/Application Support/Allegorithmic/Substance/License.key.

Can you double check ?

When you click on the evaluate button in SD, are you prompted with an authorization dialog ?

Do you have administrator clearance on your mac ?

Thx

Alex
Senior Software Engineer
Substance Painter Team
@achassany

Alright. Here you go.
- When i click evaluate i'm prompted with an os auth. dialog
- I enter my admin credentials
- Designer show the open/create project box
- I select New Substance -> Ok
- Then i'm prompted with the Lic expired dialog.

Cheers
Bonsak

Is anyone available right now to test a fix on a debug version of Substance Painter (which has the same issue with the trial) ?

Send me your emails in an MP, i'll give you the instruction

Thx a lot in advance

Alex
Senior Software Engineer
Substance Painter Team
@achassany