Author Topic: [Bugs ?] Misc problems I noticied (locked nodes, crash loop, and so on...)  (Read 3731 times)

Hi, while I was using Substance Designer 3.6.0 I noticed some behaviors and probably bugs. Here is my report, but I'm not sure it's always a bug so any information is welcomed.

• Input nodes become locked when opening a substance ? Check the image, I opened today my substance and I'm unable to load resources (as link) and load them in my nodes. If I create a new input node there is no problem.

• Importing a tga file in the 3D view lock the program in an infinite loop. Okay this bug is silly and totally my fault, but I think reporting it is important. When you load an external mesh and you type a wrong path (easy in my case because I use XnView to paset the path of a file contained in the windows clipboard), such as importing a tga instead of an obj file, Substance will still load the file and will enter in a loop with the message "The scene will be updated.". This force you to crash manually the software.

• The sbsrender output wrong files. I tried the batch render today and I was quite surprised. It looks like that with the command line the render output flipped files and with incorrect gamma/filters. Take a look at my screenshot to see a comparison between the sbs and the batch. All my outputs react like this.

Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:18:19 am
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks for the reports. Forwarded it to the devs.

We fixed the first 2 bugs but we can't reproduce the last one, do you have a good repro case and if you do, could you send us the assets and command line you use so we can try over here ?

We fixed the first 2 bugs but we can't reproduce the last one, do you have a good repro case and if you do, could you send us the assets and command line you use so we can try over here ?

Check your PMs, I sent you the files.
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thanks, all 3 are fixed and will be rolled out in the next update.

Thanks, all 3 are fixed and will be rolled out in the next update.
Just curious : what was the problem ?
-----------

It was a silly flip we were doing when a filter was using a bitmap input through the batch tools.

Cool then ! Can't wait for the next update ! :]
-----------