Author Topic: Installation Adobe version explanation.  (Read 410 times)

Hello,

I'v have a perpetual licence running to november 2021 and I'download the new  Adobe substance painter: 7.2.0-1103.

I'll have a few question before installing.

1:
 Is this a new version which has nothing to do with my current version: 7.1.1-954?
That is to say if I install the adobe version it will not affect my current version and I will still be able to use it?

2:
Do I have to re-enter my Indie perpetual license?
I have the number on my invoice and the .key on substance .com.
Do I have to go to adobe to declare it again?

3:
When I click on the exe I will choose the default path and I don't think the exe will ask me to overwrite the other version?

4:
Once installed what should I do, it will be a new launcher and should fill in my license or will it find it automatically?

5:
I've had smart material, material, textures and alpha customization for years, I can't afford to lose them. I backed them up. Could I copy them as is to the new asset folder and how is that going? If they are hidden files, how can I view them? Is there a smart material, textures, alpha folder?
AND SPECIALLY  COULD I ALWAYS USE MY SMART MATERIALS THAT I HAVE CREATED FOR YEARS AND WHICH SAVE ME TIME?

6:
If you could tell me very precisely and step by step the installation method that would help me a lot.

7:
I would like to keep the 2 versions of substance in parallel. Is this possible and what is the method to do it?

Sorry for all these questions but I am a little lost with this new installation and I can not afford to have a problem with my work.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Eric

Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 10:36:22 am

1. This is a new major update. The main difference is that it will install in a new folder under Adobe rather than Allegorithmic.

2. You may need to enter your license again, but if you have the .key you are good to go.

3. The new update will install in a new folder, separate from the one you had before.

4. You may need to fill in your license details, not sure.

5. Yes, you will need to copy all your custom assets from the old folder to the new, more details here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/preferences-and-content-migration-215286925.html

6-7: The install will be separate and should leave your previous version as it is.