Author Topic: Does 2021 license upgrade have access to 2022 version?  (Read 2137 times)

Hi there,
I am looking to upgrade 2018 painter perpetual license this month 2021/6 to 2021 version. Since the upgrade is good for 12 month, will I be able to use 2022 version next year before the maintenance period?

Hi! There is no more standard perpetual licenses/upgrades.
You can either subscribe to the Substance 3D offer to get access to all the latest versions, or you can purchase the 2021 version of Painter or Designer on Steam to get a perpetual license.
The Steam version is linked to the calendar year, so the 2021 version will get you free updates until the end of the year (December 2021).

sounds good to me.

You can either subscribe to the Substance 3D offer to get access to all the latest versions, or you can purchase the 2021 version of Painter or Designer on Steam to get a perpetual license.
The Steam version is linked to the calendar year, so the 2021 version will get you free updates until the end of the year (December 2021).

Hang on. Have I got this right?

I bought a year's subscription in December last year (I think? Either that or November!). And now you've decided to release a new version that my subscription doesn't cover?

So my remaining 6 months of my licence/subscription is about as useful as a chocolate teapot?

Shouldn't we be able to update to the latest version until our subscription runs out? That's the way things worked out before.

If I've got things right I've paid for a subscription that won't be updated to the latest version. Is that correct? I've basically wasted 6 months worth of my money, haven't I?

Are there any chance to have 2022 version on Steam in future?

Yes! We have no plans to stop offering licenses on Steam.

Hi are there other ways to purchase a perpetual license other than Steam?

No, Steam is the only option at this time.