Author Topic: I have a perpetual License, will I need to buy a new one on Steam?  (Read 853 times)

Hi,

I have a perpetual license for Substance Designer and Substance Painter.  When my maintenance agreements expire, will I need to buy a new perpetual license on steam?

If you want to keep receiving updates, you can either purchase a Steam license or switch to the subscription.

If you want to keep receiving updates, you can either purchase a Steam license or switch to the subscription.

I switched to a subscription last year, November or December. When I started up the launcher and look at the Painter or Designer tabs I get a message saying that Substance 3D builds are not available via the launcher, then it gives me a link to click. I look at my subscriptions and all I see are the usual links to the old Substance Painter and Designer builds and a link to 3D Substance Launcher.

I'm guessing this is a new launcher that I can download the latest versions of Painter and Designer but when running the downloaded file called Substance Launcher-1.7.0-beta.546.win I just get the legacy launcher and no way of upgrading to the new versions.

Does this mean that the year's subscription is completely useless for the next 162 days? Or is this some sort of teething trouble with my account and the new system? My subscription is supposed to run out on 4th December this year but I'm not able to download and install the latest versions of Painter and Substance. I was expecting to be able to upgrade to new versions of the software until 4th December, this is what I paid for. This is why I didn't bother getting the Steam versions, even thought the Steam versions were cheaper.

Have I just wasted half of my money with 162 days of a subscription that brings me NO value at all?

Thanks in advance for any help. :o

Don't worry, your sub is not rendered useless!  :D
The Launcher is not compatible with these new releases though and is being deprecated. You can now download the new updates in the "My Licenses" page on the Substance3d.com website (top right corner).

Don't worry, your sub is not rendered useless!  :D
The Launcher is not compatible with these new releases though and is being deprecated. You can now download the new updates in the "My Licenses" page on the Substance3d.com website (top right corner).

Nope. Clicking on the My Licences link brings me to my Profile Page. If I click on the Licences tab from there I can see the Subscriptions and they're valid but I only see downloads for versions 2021.2.1 for both Painter and Designer and no downloads for the new/renamed stuff.

Or maybe they haven't been released yet and I've just completely misunderstood things?

Yup, I've misunderstood things, my bad! lol

Just downloading the latest stuff now. My confusion was down to you guys using the old name for Alchemist. You should have had a separate download for the latest version with the new name, would have made things a lot clearer!