Author Topic: parts of my mesh are clear, but others are blurry  (Read 562 times)

I'm trying to paint a rocky material onto my mesh, but for some reason only parts of what I am painting is nice and clear while the surrounding area is blurry. In the first image I was just using the normal channel since the detail I wanted did not get transferred over and I'm trying to recreate it. I also tried to see what it would look like if I applied a texture which is what you see in the bottom picture. I upped the quality to 4K in case that was what was causing the issue, but very little detail is still getting through. I tried a few different textures and alphas, but the same spots refuse to have any high detail.
Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:25:11 pm

I would guess your texel density isn't the same throughout.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

It looks very much like there's a problem with your UV layout. Make sure all of the UVs have the same scale. Check for distortion.

looks like that was my problem, thank you so much! Do you have any quick tips to fix this issue in the future? I found it to be kind of time consuming to fix this issue. Thanks again  :)

looks like that was my problem, thank you so much! Do you have any quick tips to fix this issue in the future? I found it to be kind of time consuming to fix this issue. Thanks again  :)

Depending on your 3D software package after unwrapping you would select all your UV shells and apply your density which would be equal throughout. You also want to make sure all your transforms are applied (frozen) and uniform prior to unwrapping.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)