Author Topic: Normal map looks green  (Read 483 times)

I was just checking the forum for an answer, and looks like someone also had the same issue years ago, it was stating "Just make sure that the normal map slot is active on your layers"  I  checked my layers and they are all active. Attached the normal map that I am getting, is there a bake issue or just a bug? Is there a way to solve this? Thanks!

Where did the normal map come from?
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

I exported this from SP to C4d, when i baked it the normal map at the beginning of the project it  looked totally fine but after texturing it , it looks like this when i export the maps, its weird.

I exported this from SP to C4d, when i baked it the normal map at the beginning of the project it  looked totally fine but after texturing it , it looks like this when i export the maps, its weird.

How does it look in the 2D view prior to export under the [Normal + Height + Mesh] view?

it looks green here

The only time I remember this happening was with an old version of Painter due the MATFX Rust generator.

https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php?topic=27910.0

Other than that, if you're opening a new project and baking and right away the normals are green I would check your GPU drivers.