Author Topic: Textures don't tile and maps are generally wrong  (Read 835 times)

I'm on Unity 2019.4.26f1.

Textures generated with the Substance plugin are straight up wrong and don't even tile.

Here I'm comparing the output of a sbsar in unity project vs manual generation in substance player and then imported:

As you can see here, the generated material doesn't tile and it has a different scale than the working (manually imported) one.

Generated textures don't even line up with each other:

Here, the generated normal and height maps don't fit with eachother.

Differences between manually imported texture and sbsar generated one in Unity:

Performance overall is also atrocious.
Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 04:42:34 am

I'm on Unity 2019.4.26f1.

Textures generated with the Substance plugin are straight up wrong and don't even tile.

Here I'm comparing the output of a sbsar in unity project vs manual generation in substance player and then imported:

As you can see here, the generated material doesn't tile and it has a different scale than the working (manually imported) one.

Generated textures don't even line up with each other:

Here, the generated normal and height maps don't fit with eachother.

Differences between manually imported texture and sbsar generated one in Unity:

Performance overall is also atrocious.

Hello @swekenchu
Can you send me the sbsar file that you are using?

Thx,

It happens to all sbsar. It doesn't matter which one. The issue lies with texture generation of substance plugin itself, not the substances themselves.

It's directly downloaded through substance source in Unity.

It's this substance:
https://source.substance3d.com/allassets/e303f1ad0bc93ca64edfe80aa501d738cbd7b119?player=true&q=river

It's been reported multiple times, the generation is broken, any UI refresh/interaction cause impossibles editor lags.
Livelink never got any support since Unity started SRP.

The plugin is in a broken state since 2019.

Hello @swekenchu
I filed a JIRA ticket for this issue. We are looking at it and will let you know when our development team has a feedback regarding this issue.

Thx,

Thank you!