Author Topic: I ray problem  (Read 1054 times)

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a rather strange problem.

When I want to render model with I-ray Painter freezes forever... Just seen black screen and message: I ray warm up... forever. Log file is empty... i have all latest drivers for processor and nividia graphic card.

I have been using Painter for the last 2 years and only in the last month or two this problem has occurred.

If you're using an older version of Painter with 3xxx series cards you'll get this issue due to the version of IRAY. You'll need to upgrade Painter to the latest version.

Not much more can be provided without seeing a log file.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Ok, here is log file. Thanks!

How heavy is your file? Are you using tessellation? When in IRAY can you confirm if your GPU or CPU is showing usage. I've heard of this happening because you're overloaded.

Does IRAY work with a basic cube and a texture?

Ok, here it is:

Low poly model: 32 KB (fbx)

High poly: 337.664 KB (fbx)

Substance file (with all materials): 769.194 KB (.spp)

Tessellation is disabled.

I can't confirm what the computer is using (CPU or GPU) because when I click on Iray icon or F10 Painter freezes (black screen) forever so i have to force shut down the program.

But Iray works with simple cube and texture... (I checked it now).

Month or two before everything was okay with the same models, something has happened in beetween so Painter (Iray)

doesn't work properly anymore. I didn't change anything in my computer configuration or Substance Painter.

You can confirm by checking outside of Painter.

I would do this to factor out a project issue. Put your entire layer stack into a Folder, save as a Smart Material. Then make a new project, bake your mesh maps and apply that Smart Material. Does IRAY work now?

You also didn't answer if a cube and a texture works.

Nvidia recognizes Painter.

/I would do this to factor out a project issue. Put your entire layer stack into a Folder, save as a Smart Material. Then make a new project, bake your mesh maps and apply that Smart Material. Does IRAY work now?/

Iray is stil in black screen loop so this don't work.

/You also didn't answer if a cube and a texture works./

Yes, i tried this and Iray works...

Simple cube with smart material.

Update:

To my surprise it works now.

I disabled and enabled tessellation button few times in a row.

We can assume that this problem has been solved for now, if something happens in the meantime I will update this topic!

If you lower the value does it work? Start at something lower and work your way up.

Ok, i started with subdivision count: 1 and it worked ok until level 6 (Uniform mode), then program freezes... obviously it is to much for graphic card. But it works :)