Author Topic: How can I get a previous version of substance painter on steam licence  (Read 476 times)

Hi, I bought the Substance Painter 2021 via my Steam account yesterday.
Right after that I realized that the synchronization between Steam accounts and Substance3d.com accounts was discontinued after Feb 2021.
Is it possible for me to get I get an older version of Substance Painter 2021, since I haven't linked my accounts and own only a Steam license?

I would like to be able to use Substance Painter 2019, especifically.

Thank you in advance!

That's unfortunately not possible. Any particular reason why you need the 2019 version?

I have a file created on Substance Painter 2019 but since I have access only to the 2021 version, I cannot open it.
Is there a way that I can convert these files and use them in the 2021 version, which is available on Steam? If not, how can I obtain Substance Painter 2019 in order to open the data that I have on me right now?

Also, I heard that a file created in the 2021 version (that is the only one that I own) cannot be opened in SP2019. Is that true?
If so, I would like to know if by having a subscription license to Substance Painter I would have access to old versions as well. The reason why I am asking this is that I have a hard requirement on being able to open data from SP2019 and also create data that can be opened in SP2019.

Thank you!

You should be able to open any Painter file that was created with an older version, not the other way around though.
The subscription does give you access to older builds, all the way back to March 2019 I beleive.

I am grateful for your support! thank you!