Author Topic: After baking problem color map  (Read 313 times)

Good evening, my name is Daniele.

I apologize if I'm putting this post in the wrong section but I think that it's the best that suits for my problem. I started this airplane model in November and it has been 3 weeks since I'm doing test in substance painter, at first I had some problems with my uv but I corrected them all. The model seems to be fine. Now I attach the baking settings:

The bake proceed correctly and then after the bake I create a fill layer, I assign to it a Color mask and I try to use the pick color and that's what I see:

near the aircraft wheel I see like an overlapping of color, and I don't think that's correct because my professor once told me that I need to simplify the model and this "overlap" doesn't simplify it. I tried to check my models but nothing seems to be wrong (both the low poly and the high quality)
I would like to get some help or some tips to solve this problem, or to understand if I can proceed without worrying.

I will attach the log too. I hope that you will reply as soon as possibile, and I wish you a great weekend.

Can you share the low poly mesh and the mesh you're using to bake your ID from?
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Good morning,
Do you have any news?

Good morning,
Do you have any news?

I'll have something for you later today.  :)

Good morning,
Do you have any news?

Ok! Thank you :)

Good morning,
Do you have any news?

Ok! Thank you :)

One of your issues is your texel density. Since these maps are resolution dependent you want enough texel density.

My above example still might not be enough for such a piece. Also the unwrap could be much better, I used an auto for this example due to time. You want good manual unwraps that utilize your space.

Apart from that I would manually assign material ids with fills to the parts you need split, then make sure you're baking each part by mesh name properly to avoid bleed through due to rays hitting other parts during the bake.

So you want:

wheels_low
wheels_high

ect....
Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:31:27 pm

Nice explanation. I'm trying now to increase the Texel Density from the UV editor.
Is it correct if I just increase the size of my component?
Sorry if it's a dumb question but it's the first time which I'm doing this.

You'll want to increase your UV shells and have them occupy more space.

https://80.lv/articles/textel-density-tutorial/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e6zvJqVqlA

Some quick links on it.

Also, for baking the ID if you use a material fill use Material and not Mesh ID/Polygroup.