Author Topic: My painted layer moved on the UV, but I haven't changed the uv.  (Read 189 times)

So I have been working on a bumpercar and did some readjustments (seperating the meshes from each other because I saw it caused some issues when texturing. So before going back on making the adjustments. I saved each finished work as a smartmaterial. So I shouldn't start from the beginning. But here comes my problem. The layers where I painted on the models have moved on the file where the objects are seperated. Both files shares the same UV and color. The only difference is that objects are seperated in the NEW and are alligned in the old file. But the results are completely different. What is the cause for this? I know this may be a minor error. But I am curious what causes this, so[/img] I know it for the future.

With a follow up of the new painted layer.

and the material moved yet again. After making some adjustments to the door's UV. But the car itself has the same UV. What causes this? I am simply just blown away on how many errors and bugs I find lately in 3d programs.

It doesn't matter what the UVs look like, what matters is only the location of the objects in 3D space. Because manual paint strokes are recorded in world space, strokes will shift if the bounding box of the object is altered.

Meaning, you cannot move the steering wheel like that without losing manual paint strokes.
Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 09:00:25 am