Author Topic: Crashes after last update.  (Read 971 times)

I updated the plugin this morning and now UE4 crashes every time when i do any modifications in "substance graph instance".

I dont believe that I am the only one who has this issue.
I have tried different PCs and different projects and I have the same result - crashes.
I cant work  :'(

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000000002f0

UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!Substance::Helpers::OverwriteSubstancePixelFormatForRuntimeCompression() [D:\Build\++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceCoreHelpers.cpp:1142]
UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!USubstanceGraphInstance::SaveAllOutputs() [D:\Build\++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceGraphInstance.cpp:475]
UE4Editor_SubstanceEditor!SSubstanceEditorPanel::OnFocusChanging() [D:\Build\++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Private\SSubstanceEditorPanel.cpp:713]
Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 10:30:51 am

I dont believe that I am the only one who has this issue.
I have tried different PCs and different projects and I have the same result - crashes.
I cant work  :'(

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000000002f0

UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!Substance::Helpers::OverwriteSubstancePixelFormatForRuntimeCompression() [D:\Build\++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceCoreHelpers.cpp:1142]
UE4Editor_SubstanceCore!USubstanceGraphInstance::SaveAllOutputs() [D:\Build\++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceCore\Private\SubstanceGraphInstance.cpp:475]
UE4Editor_SubstanceEditor!SSubstanceEditorPanel::OnFocusChanging() [D:\Build\++Portal\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\Substance\Source\SubstanceEditor\Private\SSubstanceEditorPanel.cpp:713]

Hi @Ingolmil . 0
Are you using 4.26.2 Engine with Substance Plugin 4.26.0.21?
Are you using a Substance material from Substance Source, if yes which Substance?
Are there other other Substance materials which also cause a crash in your project?
Can you give us your system configuration; CPU Cores, RAM, GUP?
Thx,

Are you using 4.26.2 Engine with Substance Plugin 4.26.0.21?
Yes

Are you using a Substance material from Substance Source, if yes which Substance?
Are there other other Substance materials which also cause a crash in your project?
I have a problem with any substance material. From Substance Source and any sbsar file from other sources.
The crash occurs when im clicking on the viewport after modifying the substance graph instance.

Can you give us your system configuration; CPU Cores, RAM, GUP?
PC1: i5 10400f, RTX 3070, 32 RAM
PC2: i7 10700, RTX 3080, 16 RAM

Hello Ingolmil . 0

I was able to reproduce the crash and wrote a JIRA ticket for it.
Sorry about the inconvenience. I will update you when I get a feedback from our development team regarding this ticket.

Thx,

Wanted to chime in to say that I'm also hard blocked on importing any substance files into a 4.26.2 project now due to this crash.

The substances I'm trying to import are from this pack: https://www.artstation.com/marketplace/p/7eO0y/tiles-materials-vol-1

I am on a custom build of the engine but we are using the stock Substance plugins from the marketplace. Current Substance plugin version is 4.26.0.21.

They worked in an earlier minor engine version so I believe it must have been an issue introduced at some point recently.

I am on a Ryzen Threadripper 1920X, GTX 970, 32 GB of RAM

Can provide more info if necessary, please reach out. Thanks!
Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:34:12 am