Author Topic: SubstanceSource export material to seperate folder (UNREAL)  (Read 276 times)

Hello,

I have a question. When I'm in SubstanceSource and select a material for export to Unreal it exports the material (example Metal) into a folder, when I export second material example (wood) it also exports it to the same folder. Is this correct? Or can you export to seperate folders? Is that possible? So each material into seperate folder. Thanks in advanced.
Decorix

Hello,

I have a question. When I'm in SubstanceSource and select a material for export to Unreal it exports the material (example Metal) into a folder, when I export second material example (wood) it also exports it to the same folder. Is this correct? Or can you export to seperate folders? Is that possible? So each material into seperate folder. Thanks in advanced.
Decorix

@decorix ,

Whatever folder you have open at the time of the download is where the Substance Source asset will be put into. :)

@KG Thanks for the info. Does it mean you have create a folder you're self, then export out of SubstanceSource so the
materials and graphs+textures get stored into that folder?

It doesn't create a folder on the fly when you export to Unreal? is that correct? Thanks for you're help.

@KG Thanks for the info. Does it mean you have create a folder you're self, then export out of SubstanceSource so the

It doesn't create a folder on the fly when you export to Unreal? is that correct? Thanks for you're help.

@decorix  ,

Correct. Substance Source does not automatically create any folders for you. If I create a folder called "Brick" then download from Substance Source using the Substance Launcher, then my downloaded brick Substance Material + textures + Substance Graph/Instance Factory will be put in that folder.

Any other Substance materials downloaded with that folder open in UE4 will also download to that folder, unless you have another different folder open at the time of the download. Substance Source will send the download to whatever folder you have open. :)

@-KG-

Thanks again for explaning the workflow between SubstanceSource to Unreal.
Decorix

@decorix  ,

Correct. Substance Source does not automatically create any folders for you. If I create a folder called "Brick" then download from Substance Source using the Substance Launcher, then my downloaded brick Substance Material + textures + Substance Graph/Instance Factory will be put in that folder.

Any other Substance materials downloaded with that folder open in UE4 will also download to that folder, unless you have another different folder open at the time of the download. Substance Source will send the download to whatever folder you have open. :)