Author Topic: Importing AO and Curvature Maps into Blender  (Read 699 times)

Ok, so I am not sure where to post this, so I am starting with General Discussion.

I'm unsure why, but after finishing a project, I baked my maps and then exported them to use in Blender. However, the curvature and AO Maps I used in Painter did not export, and I had to move my dirt/grunge/scratches details to base color in order for those details to show.

1)How do I set up my AO and Curvature Maps to export

2)Does Blender support AO and Curvature Maps, or should I search for a work around?

You can blend the ao with your color map in Blender.

What are you looking at using your curvature map for in Blender post-texturing?
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

I was hoping to blend the curvature map with my AO, but getting those exported would be the first hurdle for me.

I can see where the options for exporting AO and Curvature are in settings, but I have not been able to see how to choose them for exporting with the PBR Metallic preset enabled. Do I need to create a custom export option, or something of that nature?

Either make a custom export template and export the mesh maps, or right click the baked map in your shelf and export.

If you just want the blend into your base color you can do all that in your layer stack within Painter and export the final result.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Thank you, I will give it a go.