Author Topic: All layers have transparency & opacity channels, but not rendering as such?  (Read 85 times)

Obligatory 'I'm relatively new to Substance painter' before we start here
I cant for the life of me figure out how to get this material layer to render as transparent in the viewport or in the renderer. I know about the switching the main shader material to the PBR metals that include transparency, then adding an opacity channel. But I can't get that to give me any results.

In the attached pics you can see I cant get rid of the default material under the test textures I have manually painted. All of those layers have transparency and opacity channels but this white base remains and I cant figure out how to get rid of it. This is an exported model from Maya and since the regular transparency methods (are likely working) but seem to be having no effect, I think it's probably something to do with that.

Either way there's a chance that I've missed something fundamental here and I would be extremely grateful if any of you could point me to any solution. Also any other details you might want I'll try to provide, Cheers!
Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:58:03 pm

If you're using the alpha blending shader, and the correct channel it should work.