Author Topic: UE4 Live Link problem painting  (Read 185 times)

Hi gurus,

Im using unreal engine 4.26 for a project. When i send to substance painter from ue4 using live link, when the mesh comes from ue4 into substance painter I want to be able to use the "uv tile workflow" for that mesh so that i can paint stencils and details on etc... As standard, the mesh isnt imported using the UV Tile workflow, is there any way to change that ? i need to paint using stencils but cant at present because of the way the mesh comes into substance painter.
The image represents the workflow im looking for!
Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:04:28 pm

Hi gurus,

Im using unreal engine 4.26 for a project. When i send to substance painter from ue4 using live link, when the mesh comes from ue4 into substance painter I want to be able to use the "uv tile workflow" for that mesh so that i can paint stencils and details on etc... As standard, the mesh isnt imported using the UV Tile workflow, is there any way to change that ? i need to paint using stencils but cant at present because of the way the mesh comes into substance painter.
The image represents the workflow im looking for!

Hey @Jamesgti19 ,

The UE4 live link plugin does not support UDIMs sent from Substance Painter, it currently only works with one UV set.

Thank you for the reply! I really appreciate it. It would be great if it did, saves me painting then exporting textures manually, creating materials manually one by one!!

Take care,

James