Author Topic: Substance texture references not working correctly in Unity  (Read 658 times)

Unity: 2020.3.1f1 (reproduces on many previous version)
Substance in Unity: Version 2.5.4 - December 09, 2020

It seems that all references point to the same texture, look for example the normal map thumbnail (screenshot).

I've found this out by experiencing issues with AssetStore plugins like MicroSplat and TerrainComposer2 that would happen when referencing textures under substance file.

The only way I was able to reference correctly is with baking the textures and then assigning the real textures.

"Substances in Unity" AssetStore plugin does nothing on "*some substance graph* > bake textures to folder" until I switch away from the Unity window and back to it.

Same for previewing the textures when substance is selected (screenshot).

Substance used in the screenshots is from here: https://share.substance3d.com/libraries/31 but the same issue happened on all other substances I tried.

I'm available to help debug and fix this, official input is much appreciated.

Unity: 2020.3.1f1 (reproduces on many previous version)
Substance in Unity: Version 2.5.4 - December 09, 2020

It seems that all references point to the same texture, look for example the normal map thumbnail (screenshot).

I've found this out by experiencing issues with AssetStore plugins like MicroSplat and TerrainComposer2 that would happen when referencing textures under substance file.

The only way I was able to reference correctly is with baking the textures and then assigning the real textures.

"Substances in Unity" AssetStore plugin does nothing on "*some substance graph* > bake textures to folder" until I switch away from the Unity window and back to it.

Same for previewing the textures when substance is selected (screenshot).

Substance used in the screenshots is from here: https://share.substance3d.com/libraries/31 but the same issue happened on all other substances I tried.

I'm available to help debug and fix this, official input is much appreciated.

Hello @reslav.hollos@gmail.com
Substance Plugin 2.5.4 is not compatible with UNITY 2020.2 and above. We will have a new Plugin which will work with Unity 2020.2 and above.

Thx,

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the new version.