Author Topic: Broken generation and awfull performances  (Read 1254 times)

Hello,

It's been a few months since I last tried the integration asset and I wanted to give it anoher try with the new 2020 LTS.

First thing that struck me is that pretty much any interactions with the editor, as soon as it's displaying a sbsar on the project window will freeze and trigger the "Hold On" loading popup with various tasks ; Application.Tick, Gui.repaint, OnInspectorGUI. And even got an Out Of Memory crash yesterday.

And another thing that I had already saw back in august last year was that textures still get generated with random slices ;

Unity 2020.3.0f1 LTS - Substance in Unity 2.5.4 - HDRP 10.4.0
All .sbsar from Substance Source
i7 8700K / 32GB RAM / RTX 3080 / Editor & Project on Nvme

it looks like my problem, albedo is generated with random slices and I don't know what to do about it :(
Unity 2020.2.4f1

Hi there, integrations PM here! At this time the Substance in Unity plugin is not supported for Unity versions 2020.2 and higher however the plugin should be fully usable with version 2020.1. We have an updated plugin version that is due to release this week however 2020.2 and higher support will not be ready but we plan to add it in the following release.
Substance Integrations Product Manager

Will the new version fix the strips ? I've notified the twitter account last year about that, and I was most likely using 2018/2019 LTS at that time.

hi,
is there a beta channel or similar? some substances work in 2021.1, after a day not anymore.
had to install 2020.1.17 to render outputs and channelpack the maskmap(HDRP) by hand - the
plugin could at least offer a render maskmap option. since unity 2020.3 is LTS!

thx for helping,
this concerns all substance designer/unity users.

/martin.
Hi there, integrations PM here! At this time the Substance in Unity plugin is not supported for Unity versions 2020.2 and higher however the plugin should be fully usable with version 2020.1. We have an updated plugin version that is due to release this week however 2020.2 and higher support will not be ready but we plan to add it in the following release.

Failed to extract Substance.Editor.InspectorSubstanceImporter class of base type UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporterEditor when inspecting Assets/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/Substance Engine/Editor/Substance.Editor.dll
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper:ExtractAllClassesThatAreUserExtendedScripts (string,string[]&,string[]&,string[]&)

Failed to extract Substance.Editor.SubstanceImporter class of base type UnityEditor.Experimental.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter when inspecting Assets/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/Substance Engine/Editor/Substance.Editor.dll
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper:ExtractAllClassesThatAreUserExtendedScripts (string,string[]&,string[]&,string[]&)

Also related to this: assets like Microsplat won't work until the Substance namespace is functional again under 2020.3.8f1 LTS. Please fix your stuff.