Author Topic: Can I use all the texture maps for my Video-Game?  (Read 673 times)

Hey there, I am confused when it comes to the usage of all the different Substance products.
For example, if I am using Substance Source, am I allowed to use all the texture maps for my Roblox Video Game?

Thank you so much for the clarification!

Hi teaguevr,

You are allowed to your the Source assets freely if they are used in a "bigger work", such as a video game.
So no issue at all if your end customers don't have access to the sbsar or texture maps!

What is more complex is when people sell game assets diretly and redistribute the texture maps, in that case they have to be modified but it does not seem to be the case for you.
Please let me know if you need more precisions
PO @ Allegorithmic

okay, so I am creating video games for Roblox.
And if I am going to use just the substance source materials, I should be fine, right?

In terms of modifications.
Well.. if I change the color.. it's my own unique modification.
Or if I change a pattern or any other attributes - it's my own creation.
No matter if I am going to use Painter, the Player or Designer.

Sooo.. that being said. If I am changing any attributes from substance source materials, I should be 10000% fine. Correct? That's how I understood your answer.

thank you very much!
Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:59:05 am

okay, so I am creating video games for Roblox.
And if I am going to use just the substance source materials, I should be fine, right?

As you use the materials in a video game ( a "bigger work" and do not give access t the texture maps to the final users, you can even use the materials as is, without modifications, if you want to.
PO @ Allegorithmic

That's great. Thank you so much for the clarification. That's awesome. Love you guys!  ;D