Author Topic: How will the program work one year after the end of the license (Steam)?  (Read 626 times)

Hi everyone!
1. If I buy the 2021 version (in Steam) today, will it work in 2022 or 2023?
2. Will a material library be available?
3. Can this program be used commercially in 2023 if I buy it today and do not renew my subscription (less than $ 100,000 per year)?
4. Will the program be limited after 12 months?

I understand that it will not be updated, but will the Steam version be fully functional after 1 year of use.

1. Your license will keep working the same way, you will simply not get any new updates after that date unless you upgrade.
2. Painter comes with a collection of materials by default and you can find plenty of additional materials and smart materials on Substance Share for free.
3. Yes!
4. No!

Thanks for the answer! I will definitely purchase with the first sale! ;D

1. Your license will keep working the same way, you will simply not get any new updates after that date unless you upgrade.
2. Painter comes with a collection of materials by default and you can find plenty of additional materials and smart materials on Substance Share for free.
3. Yes!
4. No!

when you say "unless you upgrade", is moving to subscription model or there buy a new licenses again in steam???, or there is a licenses renewal after that one year for people who buy on steam ????

There are new versions yearly on Steam with a a loyalty coupon to upgrade.

Steam use to include the upgrade option right on the substance 2021 or 2020 page. It is no longer there. How would we go about claiming the upgrade cost? 

Unfortunately the upgrade discount is limited in time. I would advise to wait for a sale if you want to get the new version at a discount.