Author Topic: sRGB values in colour picker  (Read 3422 times)

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but after getting the colour mask ID filter in Painter 1.1, we still need to have sRGB values 0-255 in the colour picker.

The Colour ID filter shows the RGB values, it would be nice to have it for all the colour pickers so I don't have to open photoshop just to sample the colour I need. Have options to switch between linear integers and rgb values. Makes life easy.

We will add sRGB values, but I don't understand why you have to pick the color in PS as you can pick directly on the model when your ID map has been plugged to the right slot in the project settings.

I was meaning moments when I'm not using the ID map. Like if I want to create colours, linear values kinda throw me off. Maybe that color id map feature could also be used on layers without masks

I am wondering, if there is a way to colour pick the colour only by using a hotkey?

edit:
just using the colour picker for picking base colour, instead of the material picker (p). not sure, if it's possible to assign a hotkey to the base colour picker (?)
Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:31:50 pm

I'm going to endorse this suggestion. Having the color pickers show linear values has created a lot of confusion amongst artists from what I've seen.
Rocksteady Ltd | Senior Technical Artist