Author Topic: Substance Designer crashes upon trying to open a new or existing project  (Read 662 times)

Hey all, this is a shot in the dark as I've never ran into an issue like this before so I'm hoping I can get some insight -

The problem is that whenever I open Designer (or any Substance program for that matter) on my laptop, the program immediately crashes to desktop. The most noteworthy thing I have noticed is this only happens when my laptop is connected to an external monitor via a USB C docking station.

If I plug in the monitor directly to my laptop, I have no issues opening or using any of the Substance software (which unfortunately kind of defeats the purpose of why I got a docking station to begin with).

In-case it's useful I included my system specs below

Razer Studio Edition
CPU: Intel 10875H 5.1GHz
GPU: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Max Q 16GB VRAM
RAM: 32 GB

Again if anyone has had experience or can give any insight, I would be very appreciative. Thank you :)

Hello @aaeriam,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Some users indeed experience issues when using Substance applications with secondary monitors. These problems are most likely linked to the 3D View's OpenGL rendering instance.

The use of a USB-C dongle is a very valuable piece of information. I will perform some tests on my side and keep you updated with the results. I appreciate your patience in the meantime!

Best regards,
Luca
QA Analyst
Substance Designer Team