Author Topic: Error Message The string "[...]" cannot be converted into a value.  (Read 260 times)

Hey Everyone, getting this log message on import of my model in Painter 2021.1.0. Has anyone seen this before? I can't seem to find any explanation as to what happened there. The model (with UVs created in Rizom 2020.0) loads fine in other applications (C4D, Houdini, ZBrush), also it loads fine in Painter without UV maps. Would appreciate any help!

(Also, the forum doesn't let me upload the full log without giving me "Nginx 413 Request Entity Too Large", log size is about 1.8MB)

It looks like the mesh file you used has a type of value that we don't support.
Could you attach a mesh file so that we can look into it ?
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Attached the mesh in the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgnSl9cu5ONu7XD511uRldlEmv9TB0b4/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for looking into it!

I reproduced the problem and logged it into our database.
Meanwhile, since it's an OBJ file, you can fix it by hand. Open the file in a text editor and look for the keyword "nan" and replace any occurrence you find by 0. :)
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.

Thank you very much for taking a look. Editing the model in Sublime worked fine for me as well.