Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /var/www/html/cache/data_7daef4452cb116799b95d4fc61c4729a-SMF-modSettings.php in /var/www/html/Sources/Load.php on line 2808
Is ther a way to apply filters?

Author Topic: Is ther a way to apply filters?  (Read 315 times)

What I'm trying to do is blur a mask, then apply it so it can be edited. Is there any way to do this? I tried exporting it as a bitmap and then using it as a bitmap mask, but then it doesn't seem like you can paint on a bitmap mask.

Once you've added your Bitmap Mask, you can right click the mask and select Add Paint. Then you can paint over it.

Thanks, I know I can paint over it. What I want to do is smudge or blur it. Is there a way to do that?

If you have more than one stack just use a passthrough paint layer in the mask and manually smudge/blur unless you want to do it as a filter. Works great for this.

What kind of mask are you using? If it's procedural or bitmap, you can use the Blur filter, but you can only use use Smudge on something you've painted.

If you use the Blur filter, you can then Add Paint above it and your painting won't be affected by it. If you drag the filter above your painted layer, it will affect it.

What kind of mask are you using? If it's procedural or bitmap, you can use the Blur filter, but you can only use use Smudge on something you've painted.

If you use the Blur filter, you can then Add Paint above it and your painting won't be affected by it. If you drag the filter above your painted layer, it will affect it.

You only have to add a passthrough layer. It doesn't matter if it is a fill layer or not, it will get effected.

Example using a fill, plus a paint, plus the passthrough layer then manually smudging, then adding a blur on top:

So yes, you can use smudge on procedural layers.

Thanks a lot! Passthrough works great. Not sure how I missed that.