Author Topic: Some Rock and groud tests  (Read 8571 times)

Well, there seem to be some puddles/shinier areas between the rocks (almost like bubbles). That makes it look to me like it would fit in a cavern or on a strange planet. Which is neat :).

Ha thanks !
I just played a bit with the height map levels before to plug it into the roughness

Here is another one I made:

Nice Kay!  The horizontal breaks could use some attention imo.  Not sure how you're using it, but on my cliffs I run that through a directional warp and it can produce some pretty believable noise.  I don't think I've posted those here btw:

Also some stony ground:

@Käy.Vriend That is very nice, lots of depth and texture.

Thanks guys!

Yeah I will tinker with the breaks a bit more. I do kind of miss Voronoi like cells patterns, and a seamless fractalise node (kind of like fractal base, but with an input slot). With those you can very easily make very believable rock patterns.

Latest iteration:

(Thanks for the tips!)

some outdoor terrasse rock floor (once again fully procedural):

That looks neat! To make it look a bit more real, the middle is a bit raised now, if you lower the middle slightly, it will look like its been walked on for hundreds of years. Small pebbles and bits of grass in between the flagstones would also look neat.

Its always neat to see fellow artists progress and evolve. Keep it up :D.

That looks neat! To make it look a bit more real, the middle is a bit raised now, if you lower the middle slightly, it will look like its been walked on for hundreds of years. Small pebbles and bits of grass in between the flagstones would also look neat.

Its always neat to see fellow artists progress and evolve. Keep it up :D.

Thx for your feedback :-)
I have to find a way to lower the middle without destroying the rest.

The levels node might help, or invert, blend, and mask it with the uninverted noise.

Here is another stone wall:

I fixed the height map with a gradient editor...

Neat! perhaps the effect could be toned down slightly, or the edges of the slabs smoothed a little bit, but it already looks really good :).

Personally i find it hard to "randomise:  effects for each tile/stone/brick (similar to the luminance, but where a random part of a input pattern/noise gets assigned to each colour variation. This would make the individual stones stand out more, instead of sharing a seamless pattern. Hard to explain properly what i mean, but kind of like a regions node, where each colour gets a different region of a input).

Thx for the feedback Kay :

No problem :D, those look neat!