Author Topic: Substance live link wont bake high poly meshes  (Read 285 times)

Hello,

I was using Substance Painter live link for one my UE4 projects and so whenever I try to bake my high poly onto my mesh, the results are completely transparent, I get no baking information or a log error whenever I try this

I tried baking the mesh into a brand new Substance project without the live link and it worked perfectly, so I know there's nothing wrong with the meshes.

I am using:
Substance Painter v 2020.2.2 (6.2.2)
Unreal Engine v 4.25.1

Hello,

I was using Substance Painter live link for one my UE4 projects and so whenever I try to bake my high poly onto my mesh, the results are completely transparent, I get no baking information or a log error whenever I try this

I tried baking the mesh into a brand new Substance project without the live link and it worked perfectly, so I know there's nothing wrong with the meshes.

I am using:
Unreal Engine v 4.25.1

Hey @Anthony D. ,

Just to make sure, is the bake not showing up correctly in Painter or in UE4? If you could post detailed repro steps so I could reproduce it on my end that would help also. :)

As far as I know, Substance UE4 Live Link only sends texture data, and that data is propagated into a material in UE4. Any modifications to the mesh or bakes done within Substance Painter will not be reflected in UE4. We have had a few reports about issues similar to this and have a ticket in to look at adding this feature.

Hello,

I am using:
Unreal Engine v 4.25.1

Hey @Anthony D. ,

Just to make sure, is the bake not showing up correctly in Painter or in UE4? If you could post detailed repro steps so I could reproduce it on my end that would help also. :)

As far as I know, Substance UE4 Live Link only sends texture data, and that data is propagated into a material in UE4. Any modifications to the mesh or bakes done within Substance Painter will not be reflected in UE4. We have had a few reports about issues similar to this and have a ticket in to look at adding this feature.

Hello,

The bakes don't show in both Substance or Unreal. So bakes don't work in live link? If that's the case, I'll just bake in a separate file.  :)

Hello,

I am using:
Unreal Engine v 4.25.1

Hey @Anthony D. ,

Hello,

The bakes don't show in both Substance or Unreal. So bakes don't work in live link? If that's the case, I'll just bake in a separate file.  :)

@Anthony D. ,

Correct. I believe this is the case.

Bakes should still work fine without live link, but it seems there is something interfering within the livelink part of the plugin or not transferring all the project data from Painter-UE4. I will make note of this issue in our current ticket. :)