Author Topic: Unexplained Freeze  (Read 466 times)

Hey all, learning substance through University, and having a random freeze when doing anything to an object. I believe it has something to do with me running an RX 5700XT instead of an nVidia GPU, but I'm not too sure.

I'm just trying to do a class tutorial; there's a knife model and i have to change the roughness of the material. Project and model loads fine, but as soon as I click the roughness slider (or any other option) the program freezes.

This happens with and without a TDR key.

Full system specs:

cpu: amd ryzen 7 1700x
ram: 32gb 3000mhz
gpu: amd RX 5700XT
driver version: 20.12.1

You're not the first one ask this question, not just you, a lot people who have AMD's Card are facing this question, it's all about the AMD's drivers. For now, there is one way might help you solve that problem, which is downgrading your GPU drivers to version 20.8.x or 20.9.x . tbh, I've tried it, sadly, it just didn't work, bcuz the old drivers are not compatible with my card(6800). I guess there is no way but keep waiting for AMD's new drivers. :(
Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:10:18 pm

Nice. That's what I was thinking too..... but I'm not very experienced lol.

See this thread for updates on that subject : https://forum.substance3d.com/index.php/topic,35908.0.html
Don't forget your log file. It can be exported from the Help menu of the software.
-----------
Fabrice Piquet aka Froyok. Product Manager, Technical Artist and Documentation at Adobe.