Author Topic: FBX or OBJ import from Maya won't work for me.  (Read 278 times)

I imported fbx file (Maya 2018).
No matter how I set up the fbx export settings or import settings in Substance Painter, its' UV map will always import
not properly.

Material is default lambert and I imported as DirectX without checking on any of the options below in the Substance Painter if this would help to figure out my problem.

I tried with the obj file but, it will be imported right UV maps but in smoothed mesh somehow :-\
It has been a year since I didn't use the substance painter but, it worked perfectly fine with Maya 2018 back in time.

I appreciate with any help and please let me know if there's anything I can provide. Thank you!

+ I attached the log in txt file.

Can you attach your Maya file? There are certain requirements you need to get your mesh as in from Maya to Painter.

Can you attach your Maya file? There are certain requirements you need to get your mesh as in from Maya to Painter.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply! The objs were provided from Mattepaint for the contest purpose.
The geos were in triangles so I converted them into quads to unwrap the UVs in Maya.
By the way the version for the substance I'm using is the newest one 7.1.0.

Please let me know if there's more information needed.

I linked it to Google Drive since it's a larger file.
Thank you so much!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MVKP2bGzTUQXROI-kfX7dvxIqurUejse/view?usp=sharing

Just to address the UV issue first. If you check your parts you'll find that you're using different UV channels for some. When you export everything out as an FBX you want to keep the UV channels consistent as Painter will only read your first slot per piece - UV Channel 0.

Just as an example I just picked the correct maps based on your  UV layout, and combined them and removed the others. You don't have to remove other channels, just make sure the UVs you want are in the first channel slot.

Once done it will load the UVs into Painter just fine:

Thank you for getting back to me and it worked haha
I don't know why I didn't think about the uv sets. Thank you so much!