Author Topic: Having a problem importing a mesh into Substance after setting TD to 10.24  (Read 541 times)

Hey guys, as the title says. The error code is the following:

[Scene 3D] Errors have been found while splitting meshes per UV tile:
Mesh 'Grundform' has a face spanning across multiple tiles: UV tile -3, 2 (UDIM 1018) with vertex at U=-2.53797, V=3.06719

I made the model in Blender and used the Texel Density Checker to get my TD to 10.24. Then made a new file in Substance and tried importing the FBX/OBJ with a document resolution of 4096, which won't work. If I don't use the Texel Density Checker I don't have any problem importing the mesh.
I've been looking for a solution for a while now, but all the solutions that I found didn't work for me so far. I'm wondering if there is a way to find the UV tile which is causing the problem, since I can't seem to find the part of the mesh that is causing the issue.

Thanks in advance

When you set your Texel Density your UV shells will adjust in scale but you still need to pack them into your UV Tiles properly. Just be careful when using an auto-pack because they can scale down your shells to fit in the tile space as opposed to packing it as is which will negate your set texel density.
I teach people how to use Substance Painter. :)

Thanks for the fast reply, I will try that out:)